To request NDAD financial assistance, click HERE.
When you qualify, NDAD may provide funds that can be used for:
- Prescription Medication: Free or reduced-cost prescriptions - for infants to seniors, insured or uninsured. Download the rack card.
- Medical Equipment and Supplies: Walkers, shower chairs, wheelchairs and other durable medical equipment that is prescribed by your physician.
Accessibility: Ramps, grab bars or other equipment or remodeling to make your home more accessible and help you become more independent.
- Medical Travel Assistance: Gas and/or lodging expenses for out-of-town medical travel when you’re referred by a local physician.
- Personal Attendant Care: Expenses that help you maximize your independence by helping you perform tasks you cannot do yourself, such as bathing, dressing and eating.
- Transportation: Public transportation costs for paratransit services when you have mobility or cognitive issues and cannot use regular public transportation or drive yourself. More information.
- Recreational Activities: Access to adaptive recreational activities, such as swimming lessons, sled hockey, bowling and more. NDAD also sponsors Escape to the Lake, an annual adaptive water-ski and recreation event. More information.
NDAD also offers two other financial assistance programs targeting more specific needs:
- North Dakota Organ Transplant Fund: Help for individuals with demonstrated financial needs related to costs associated with transplant operations not normally covered by insurance. More information and downloadable rack card HERE
- Autism Spectrum Assistance Program (ASAP): Help for children and adults with an autism spectrum disorder with out-of-town medical travel expenses and respite services when no other payment option is available for families through local, state or federal programs. More information and downloadable rack card HERE
The use of financial assistance funding is restricted by NDAD guidelines.
NDAD offers yet another option - the Community Fundraisers Program
- to help provide financial assistance using funds that are not generated by our organization but raised by community members on behalf of a person with a disability or health challenge. NDAD provides this service for no charge. More information and a downloadable rack card HERE